Monday, October 17, 2022

A very curious document

     Just hypothetically, just as pure fantasy, what if there were a sworn affidavit reading as follows...

AFFIDAVIT OF SILLY SYLVIE, THE DENTAL HYGIENIST

I, Silly Sylvie, being first duly sworn upon oath, depose and state as follows:

    1.)        I am of legal age and under no disability. I have personal knowledge of the events and facts referenced herein and could testify competently to them if called upon to do so.

    2.)        I am a licensed dental hygienist in the State of Illinois and practice two days a week for Ho-Hum Dentistry in Sweetest Valley Grove, IL.

    3.)        On August 8, 2019, my schedule included a patient at 5pm by the name of Mystic Wayles. Hereinafter is the conversation that took place between myself and Mystic Wayles. I immediately memorialized the conversation to the best of my ability. M is for what Mystic stated, and S is for what I stated (Silly Sylvie).

    4.)        I greeted Mystic in the waiting area and brought her back to my dental operatory.

    5.)        S:    Are you coming from work today?

    6.)        M:    Yes.

    7.)        S:    Oh, what kind of work do you do?

    8.)        M:    I'm a clinical psychologist at Elgin Mental Health Center.

    9.)        S:    Wow, that's a huge job, you must be very busy!

    10.)      M:    Yes, and now they've given me a position in forensic administration, too. So I have to do the work of several people.

    11.)       S:    Oh, my gosh! My brother-in-law works out by the Elgin Mental Health Center, in the unemployment division. It's a huge place.

    12.)       M:    I think there's a building on campus that deals with unemployment, but it's a different building than the one I'm in.

    13.)       S:    I'm not sure exactly where he is. It's either on the campus or close by. If you do forensic stuff, does that mean you have to go to court and testify in cases?

    14.)       M:    Yes.

    15.)       S:    That sounds awful! I'd hate it, with all the corruption in this state. Do you ever wonder how in heck they come up with the decisions they come up with in some cases?

    16.)       M:    Absolutely.

    17.)        S:    I just shake my head sometimes, it makes no logical sense, it's crazy.

    18.)        (There was a pause in our conversation, and I turned to my computer to bring up Mystic's chart. When she started to speak again, I turned back to face her.)

    19.)        M:    We have this one guy who was supposedly found unfit to stand trial, but he's totally fit, there's nothing wrong with him at all. He won't go to any of his court dates,but we can't do anything about that and he's just stuck there....

    20.)        S:    That sounds really bad. I bet you're talking about Peter Osborn!

    21.)        M:    I can't say any names....

    22.)        S:    Oh, of course. Just so you know, Peter is in Elgin Mental Health unjustly. He's fine, like you say. I know about the case because when I was in family court, they took my son away, just to churn up conflict and keep the case going to make more fees. People talk to each other, and you hear about other cases. That's how I learned about Peter.

    23.)        M:    But how can that kind of injustice happen?

    24.)        S:    Well, I hate to say it, but clinical psychologists like you write false reports saying people are unfit when they're not unfit. Then judges are perfectly willing to believe the false reports and rule accordingly.    

    25.)        M:    I suppose, maybe sometimes.
    
    26.)        S:    And I also hate to say it, but at some point the shit is sooner or later going to hit the fan, too. I mean, in Peter's case, there's a lot of, like, back channel political stuff happening, with people trying to get him out of there.

    27.)        M:    Really? Hmmm.

    28.)        (There was another pause in our conversation. It felt awkward, so I changed the subject.)

    29.)        S:    Well OK, let's talk teeth. 

Further, Affiant saith naught.

                                                /s/ Silly Sylvie, the dental hygienist

                                                (notarized)

No comments:

Post a Comment