Wednesday, September 4, 2019

More Sexual Slavery at Elgin

A couple weeks ago, I spoke with an administrator at Elgin Mental Health Center. After some routine business, this individual asked me, possibly with some trepidation, something like, “Should we be expecting more news stories or lawsuits about staff having sex with patients?”

This conversation occurred maybe only a day or so after the press conference we held to announce the Dopson and Lawrence cases. I immediately assumed I was being asked about those matters, which had not yet been served on any of the Defendants. But subsequently I learned another story was brewing, which was more likely the cause for the EMHC administration’s concern.

A patient who had been confined on the White Cottage unit was released a few weeks ago to Bryn Mawr Care, a community rehabilitation facility in Chicago. Shortly after her release, it was discovered that a staff member had been having sex with her while she was at EMHC. This is, of course, a felony, and no question of “consent” is even allowed. An involuntary mental patient is in no free position to “consent” to sex with any employee of her slave masters.

I don’t yet know all the details, but I will. The staff member’s name is Mark (or maybe Daniel?) Robertson. He was reportedly “allowed to resign”. The patient and current resident at Bryn Mawr Care will remain anonymous for now, although I know her name, and I’ve spoken to several people who are familiar with her. I’m sure we’ll be in touch.

There needs to be a police report. The Illinois State Police need to investigate. The perpetrator needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Anyone who knew about this and did nothing, anyone who facilitated the crime, needs to come clean about it now or be liable as an accomplice.

No comments:

Post a Comment