Back in 2022, I began writing about a female staff at EMHC who, based on credible reports, was sexually abusing a male "patient". My first article was September 24, that year. It was satirical, but based in information that I believed was true. I followed that first article up with several more related articles, repeating or implying the same or similar allegations. I still believe my allegations against the female staff were true or credible, but I was very sorry to hear that she recently passed away from cancer. She was young, I am told only in her thirties.
How does someone die of cancer in their thirties? It seems highly unlikely or even tragic. I was reminded of an L. Ron Hubbard advice that every Scientologist knows, written in 1967. LRH gave an example for why it is so critically important that reports saying counseling techniques were found "unworkable" are ferociously challenged by instructors who know those techniques to in fact be not only workable but even invaluable or lifesaving.
To wit: given almost any opportunity or excuse, people will go off on crazy tangents for weird "entertainment" and sensation, rather than just patiently doing their regular jobs. This unfortunate tendency is a sad part of the human condition. Those who want to help others and create a better world have a natural duty to resist this tendency in themselves and to discourage it in others.
The example given concerned a group of students who went out of control into some weird off-beat practices, landing themselves in no small moral and spiritual confusion. Hubbard wrote that these students, "were in a state of electrification on all these new experiences and... (one student's) wife died of cancer resulting from physical abuse. A hard, tough instructor at that moment could have salvaged two (confused students) and saved the life of a girl."
When I recently read this (for perhaps the 1000th time), I was bold enough to ask how in hell some bit of moral and spiritual confusion might cause anyone to physically abuse his wife in a precise (hypothetically severe?) way to cause fatal cancer. It seemed non-sequitur. Does that actually happen?
I thought about this, and eventually concluded that confusion and evil are so closely related as to be almost inseparable. If a person is sufficiently confused, he or she will be uncontrollable and manifest evil. Parts of the body and cells react the same way. Maybe this is what cancer is.
Psychiatry, especially the psychiatry I know very well at Elgin Mental Health Center, is the ultimate morass of confusion. Working in that morass, lying constantly, while simultaneously participating in or seeing but failing to stop abuse, may be the perfect environmental setup to encourage cancer.
Gabby had people who loved her and who will miss her. She should rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment